Sunday, July 29, 2007


This is how we feel after our long wonderful weekend! Allison and I left early Saturday morning and hit the road for an almost two hour drive to visit Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. We had a blast! We had a fun filled weekend complete with lots of playtime, swimming, meeting Molly (the cutest pup) and lots of love!. After what seemed to be a long drive we are finally home. I am thankful that we were able to spend quality time with all of our family (excluding two uncles and an aunt - they were missed as always)!

I discovered something this weekend. My brother and sister-n-law are constantly "spring cleaning" - getting rid of the "old" or too used. They clean out everything and donate to goodwill or the local dumpster several times a year. Well, when I first learned how to actually crotchet something I decided that I wanted to make my brother and sister-n-law a blanket for their upcoming wedding. I really tried hard for perfection and even made it in their favorite colors - green and blue. They have been married for 6 years now and I truly believed that they threw out my blanket after the first year. Alas, this weekend I saw it had survived amazingly through the years! I can't believe that they have kept it this long and if I never see it again it will not matter at all - I am truly touched that given their personalities - they have actually kept that blanket for this long!

No comments: