Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Our day today ...

I must preface this with the news that Allison used the potty today! I was quite surprised! She often sits on her potty when I potty, but she has yet to actually use it. I became excited and congratulated her - but she didn't seem too phased by it. I'm not sure if her lack of response is good or not, but I will take what I can!

This morning we went to the children's museum. The museum has several rooms dedicated to certain themes such as a music room or arts and crafts room. It even has a nook with items to play dress up and a puppet corner. Allison's favorite room by far is the music room, which I'm sure is no surprise! In this room there are all sorts of instruments ranging from a huge playable guitar on the wall to a wind chim. There is also a wooden conductor that if you push the button he begins to swing and play music. This of course is Allison's favorite. I tried to catch her dancing to the music, but I couldn't remember how to do a recording on my camera until it was too late. Hopefully next time I will be able to get a pretty good video!

The first few times that we went to the children's museum Allison was not interested in the arts and crafts area whatsoever. She would play in all of the other rooms just not this particular one. Well, lately she has taken an interest. Today she spent a good amount of time in the arts and crafts room. This always makes me a little nervous because I worry that we will walk out of the museum covered head to toe in paint!

There is also a little pretend grocery store complete with a cash register, shopping carts and lots of food to load into your basket. Allison loves to load up her basket and push it around the museum.

We had a pretty relaxed day today. Greg was able to come home a little bit earlier than usual which was really nice. After naptime we made a quick trip to the grocery store and then it was home for dinner and Daddy time!





1 comment:

Julia said...

Dominic doesn't paint on the paper on the easel either!!!!! :) :) :) No WONDER they get along so great together!