Sunday, July 15, 2007


Do you have a picture like this? My bet is that you do. I think almost every child or person has a picture somewhere similar to this one - in a bathtub with a mohawk. Pretty cute pictures, I would bet!

We went to church today at St. Anthony's and had our "ladies lunch" at Papa Perez in downtown Bryan. The food was quite tasty. Allison had a cheese quesadilla and her all time recent favorite - ranch dressing soup. Yes, she indulged again today. At first taste of the dressing she made a sour face and then I think she realized what it was. She was quite a sweetheart today all through church (we were able to sit through the whole mass) and it continued through lunch.

Allison has been attached to my hip for a few weeks. I've been too afraid to leave her side for fear of breaking her heart. On Friday I had to take dinner to a friend when Greg told me to go on my own - he would watch Allison. I hesitated for fear of the fiasco involved with leaving her behind. Well, it wasn't to be that day. I gave her a kiss and said goodbye - she returned the farewell and off I went without a tear. I was so happy - I feel like this is a milestone! I was actually going somewhere all by myself! I could listen to what I wanted or nothing at all while I drove. Although it was a quick trip - it was a nice break to myself!

Saturday we went to a really awesome birthday party. This party was complete with an animal hunt, decorate your own cupcakes and a sing-a-long. We had a great time! Thank you Bronius and Julia (and of course the man of the day Dominic) for having us! We had a blast!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am so happy that you experienced this milestone moment and that it went off with out a hitch! How encouraging for all three of you!!! :)