Monday, July 16, 2007


It seems for the past few months the homilies (or sermons) at mass have really been speaking to my heart. This past Sunday really grabbed my attention. The readings were regarding (and included) the Good Samaritan story, which always brings me back down from my cloud into reality! Along the same lines of the story the Deacon elaborated about our vocations as believers in Christ. He talked about how we make a commitment when we become parents. He also talked about how we will have to answer to God in our roles as parents. I have heard and understood this before, but I believe I needed to hear it again. For me, the sermon put into prespective my place in this world particularly as a parent.

Time is so fleeting. I remember this picture. I remember the day. Allison carried this doll around with her everywhere - and this was before she could walk! She didn't want to let this doll go. It was incredibly endearing.

Yesterday we converted Allison's crib to a toddler bed. Today she was playing and grabbed a doll and her basket and went to lay them down in her bed. She climbed up into her bed and was playing. I sat down on her bed - she held up her hand and said, "No Mommy" - it's starting! I have been evicted from my sweet sweet baby's bed! She is growing up too fast! She is already wanting privacy from me - her Mom! I tickled her toes and kissed her on the nose and left her to her peace.

I love that little girl!

1 comment:

Julia said...

That homily really spoke to me too, I love your interpretation! Are you guys frequenting St. Anthony's sometimes? I'm telling you - you have to come check out the cry room at St. Joe's!!! It has spoiled us, it is so awesome!