Sunday, September 2, 2007

Twenty-three months and counting!

Dear Allison,
Today marks the beginning of the official countdown to toddlerhood. Since turning one years old you slowly moved into an "in-between" stage where you were growing out of babyhood into toddlerhood. Well, in less than a month you will offically be a toddler. What it really means is that I can no longer tell your age in months - you will be two years old until you reach three!

This past month has been eventful. I am finding it hard to believe that a month has already past since my last letter to you. You have accomplished so much. I am not sure if it is where you are right now or something that will continue for sometime, but you are soaking up so much information - it's amazing! You are an ace at your colors and now you point them out wherever you go. You've started to learn your letters and are doing quite well, but there are twenty-six of them! You are learning new words and phrases all of the time!

I started writing letters to you so that you will have a history or view of what you were like as a child. Allison, there is one thing that you should know about yourself. You are very set in your beliefs. Let me explain this by giving an example. Keep in mind - we've had this conversation regarding many topics! Here is a typical conversation between you and I:

Mom (pointing at a picture of a penguin.): "Allison, what is this?"
Allison: "a duck"
Mom: "Nope, it's a penguin."
Allison: "Duck, Mama."
Mom: "Allison, this is a penguin. Here is what a duck looks like." (pointing between two pictures, one of a penguin and one of a duck)
Allison (walking off making duck sound).

We have had this conversation regarding many topics. I have to tell you - I think it is awesome and have complete faith that you will one day soon know the difference between a penguin and a duck!


My sweet girl, last night while we were cuddling before bedtime, you grabbed my face with both of your hands and looked squarely into my eyes and said the three most awesome words, "I Love You." Daddy and I tell you that all the time, but you have yet to return the words. You and your father have a game about saying I Love You, but last night you said those three words to me! It was breathtaking!


Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Julia said...

You are doing such a great job with these letters to Allison!!!!!!!!