Saturday, August 11, 2007


While my little one is napping (she is really in her bed sleeping) I will share a few stories that caught me by surprise this week.

The first one happened while we were all at Wal-Mart. A little boy a few checkout aisles over was fussing. We happened to walk out of the store at the same time as the little boy (who was still fussing). After we got into the truck and started driving off, Allison said, "Boy sad. (sobs, sobs, <- Allison pretending to sob). Little boy sad, Mama (boohoo, boohoo <- more pretending to sob). It caught me by surprise to hear her imitate the little boy and then put together that the little boy was sad.

The second one happened just the other day. Lately, I have been walking Ozzy at the park while Greg and Allison play on the playground (or swing for a really long time). Ozzy has a blue leash and collar. The other day we were leaving to go somewhere when Allison said, "Mama, Ozzy's blue rope." I thought that was pretty observant, plus I didn't know that she knew the word rope - I don't think I say it very much or at all!


I love the way she is putting together new sentences (or quasi-sentences) everyday. I also love to hear her acknowledge emotion and description of the events around her. There is not a day that passes where she doesn't do or say something that completely surprises me - sometimes it is hard to translate to those who weren't able to witness it for themselves.

Here is a really cute picture of Allison playing her piano. I just ran across it and decided to add it.



1 comment:

Memaw said...

Hello,I am Allison's Memaw.I can not tell you how important this Blog is to me.I look at it everyday.I wait with anticipation for a new update to the Blog.But if there is not one I still enjoy reading and looking at the pictures over and over again.But who wouldn't with such a Beautiful Angel as the Star.Memaw loves you deeply.