Wednesday, November 7, 2007

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You kissed me tender, under that tree.
You'll never know dear, how much that brown skirt,
Was like a magnet that pulled you to me.


I found this while digging for my voter's registration card yesterday. A couple of years ago when the ipod mini's had just came out - I wanted one for Christmas. Well, Greg kept hinting that he hadn't gotten me one for all kinds of reasons. Well, after opening all of my gifts I found this poem. Greg has done so many different things over the years to surprise me, this is just one example.

Well, if you read the bold and italicized words - my ipod mini was hiding under the skirt of our Christmas tree.

(Our first kiss was under a tree - in the rain, and when we first started dating, I used to wear this brown skirt that Greg really liked.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a clever little poem! I love finding notes from the past. So sweet that Greg puts so much thought into your presents.